– The New Deal helped the nation through the worst days of the Great Depression.
– At a time when people in other countries turned to dictators to solve problems, the New Deal saved the Nation’s democratic system.
– New Deal spending led to increases in the national debt.
– The New Deal did not end the Great Depression.
– Banks make loans that borrowers cannot pay back.
– After the stock market crash, many businesses cannot find people who will invest in their growth.
– Many businesses and factories fail.
– Millions of Americans are out of work.
– Many are homeless and hungry.
– Families break up and people suffer