2. Stock market speculation
3. Bank Failures
4. Fed. Reserve raised interest rates to banks to curb stock market.
– Many businesses and factories fail.
– Millions of Americans are out of work.
– Many are homeless and hungry.
– Families break up and people suffer
Hires jobless people to build public buildings and parks.
– The New Deal helped the nation through the worst days of the Great Depression.
– At a time when people in other countries turned to dictators to solve problems, the New Deal saved the Nation’s democratic system.
– New Deal spending led to increases in the national debt.
– The New Deal did not end the Great Depression.
Used by FDR to finance the New Deal