A. General: At the end of the lesson at least 85% of the students show ability to understand the concept of insect pest and plant diseases with 80% accuracy. B. Specific: At the end of the one-hour class session at least 85% of the students should be able to do the task that follows with 80% accuracy: 1. Classify common pests and diseases of plants. 2. Explain how plants are infested by pests. 3. Describe signs and symptoms of common diseases. II. Subject Matter/ Topic: Plant Propagation Title: Control of Pests and Diseases Author: Rita M. Delos Santos, et. al Source: Technology and Livelihood Education 1.
Page: 138-141 III. Instructional Materials 1. Major Insect Pests a. Chewing Insects b. Sucking Insects 2. Plant Diseases a. Viruses b. Fungus and Bacteria c. Nematodes d. Physiological Diseases IV. Procedure/ Strategy: 3 I’s Teachers ActivityStudent Activity A. Introduction 1. The teacher will state the instructional objective. Say: Class, this afternoon you are going to tackle About Control of Pests and Diseases. Please activity participates In all our class activities so that you will be able to do Following tasks: 1. Classify common pests and diseases of plants. 2.
Explain how plants are infested by pests. 3. Describe signs and symptoms of common diseases. 2. The teacher presents the topic Control of Pests and Diseases. Say: Class, Who would like to give the 2 major of insect pest and plants diseases. Sir! Major Insect Pests Chewing Insects Sucking Insects Plant Diseases Viruses Fungus and Bacteria Nematodes Physiological Diseases Yes, Very Good, Now who would like to give the meaning of chewing insects and sucking insects? Sir! Chewing insects-these insect holes in the leaves of your plants. Sucking Insects-these insects have a tube-like sucking mouth.
*Very good, in this lesson caring for your garden or vegetables’ field can sometimes seem like a full time job. in order to raise healthy plants, you’ll need to be on the lookout for insects and diseases that cause problems in this afternoon. *But before we proceed to our topic let us first to discuss the concept of Control insect pests and common diseases of plants. Say: In this paper write down the common agricultural insect pests and plant disease. You are given five minutes to do it. 3. The teacher will let the students to discuss the classification major insect pests and common diseases of plants.
Say: Class, kindly groups you into two. Kindly count off one to two. Start here. Group 1 occupied the left side and follow By group 2. Each group chooses one leader and one secretary. Form the circle of each group, classify the common insect pest Such as Chewing Insect Pests, Sucking Insect Pests and Useful Insect Pest We will give you ten minutes to do it. After your discussion and sharing ideas, the secretary kindly writes on the board for reporting. Say: Class, every group it’s given five minutes to explain your report. Group 1 Chewing Insect Pests| Sucking Insect Pest| Useful Insect Pest| | | | Group 2
Chewing Insect Pests| Sucking Insect Pest| Useful Insect Pest| | | | B. Interaction The teacher lets the student to discuss the following question. 1. What is a pest? Answer: Pest-refers to any organism detrimental or annoying to man, whether it be insects, diseases, organism, weeds, rodents, mollusks, and others. 2. What is a pest control? Answer: Pest control is the process of minimizing or removing a wide range of undesirable insects and other pests from spaces occupied by people. 3. Explain Damages cause by pest? Answer: Pest can cause damage during production, harvest, storage, processing, and marketing.
4. Quantify losses due to pests? Answer: Losses due to pest in most countries of the world are enormous. In Asia and pacific regions alone losses averages from 3o-40 percent. According to the Food Agricultural Organization of the United Nation estimates that in spite of current attempts to prevent crop losses due to pets, more than one third of the potential world harvest in monetary value world losses due to pest has been estimated to be about 75 billion U. S. Dollars a year. C. Integration Valuing: Does man contribute in the outbreak of these pests? What is our main concern why we study these pests? V.
Evaluation/Assessment Say: Class kindly get one-half crosswise let’s have a quiz. A. Direction: Identify the terms is referred to these statements. Write your answer on the space provided. 5 points _____________
1. These insect holes in the leaves of your plants. _____________
2. These insects have a tube-like sucking mouth. _____________
3. Refers to any organism detrimental or annoying to man, whether it is insects, diseases, organism, weeds, rodents, mollusks, and others. ____________
4. Is the process of minimizing or removing a wide range of undesirable insects and other pests from spaces occupied by people._____________
5. Is the scientific study of plant diseases caused by pathogens (infectious diseases) and environmental conditions (physiological factors). B. Enumeration. 15 points Direction: Answer the following question. 1. What are two major of insect pests? 2. Give 4 examples of Chewing Insect Pests? 3. Give 4 examples of Sucking Insect Pest? 4. Cite 5 useful insect pests? VI. Assignment 1. What are the poultry and livestock’s practices and management? 2. What are the factors to consider in Poultry and livestock’s project? Closure: Did you enjoy the lesson? What part of the lesson did you enjoy must? Why?