– The New Deal helped the nation through the worst days of the Great Depression.
– At a time when people in other countries turned to dictators to solve problems, the New Deal saved the Nation’s democratic system.
– New Deal spending led to increases in the national debt.
– The New Deal did not end the Great Depression.
– Banks make loans that borrowers cannot pay back.
– After the stock market crash, many businesses cannot find people who will invest in their growth.
– Many businesses and factories fail.
– Millions of Americans are out of work.
– Many are homeless and hungry.
– Families break up and people suffer
Provide direct federal relief to the poor.
Make a massive federal commitment to public works to provide jobs and encourage economic growth.
Provide aid to farmers in the form of loans and payments to take crops out of production until prices for agricultural goods stabilize.