1. The semilunar valves are located at the beginning of large vessels that carry blood
_____ from the heart.
2. The atrium and ventricle on each side of the heart are separated by one-way valves
a. Atrioventricular valves
b. Astrophysical valves
c. Primary valves
d. Pulmonary valves
3. The AV valves allow blood to *ow in only one direc+on – from the ______ to the
4. Another name for the right atrioventricular valve is the _____.
a. Meniscus valve
b. Mitral valve
c. Trigonal valve
d. Tricuspid valve
5. Another name for the mitral valve is the ______.
a. Le$ atrioventricular valve or pulmonic valve
b. Le$ atrioventricular valve or bicuspid valve
c. Aor+c valve
d. Apple valve
6. The le$ semilunar valve is also known as the
a. Aor+c valve
b. Adam valve
c. Arteriosis valve
d. Ar+s+c valve
7. The right side of the heart is separated from the le$ side by a muscular wall called the
8. The thin walled upper chambers of the heart are called the _____.
9. The heart is a muscular organ about the size of your _____.
10. When res+ng, your heart beats about _____ +mes per minute.
b. 20 – 30
c. 3 – 5
d. 60 – 80
11. Inside your heart a special +ssue called the _____ causes the heart to beat
12. The return of the blood to the heart is aided by _____.
a. Big foot
c. A pump in your foot
d. Muscles contrac+ng
13. _____ do not have walls as thick as arteries, but they do have one-way valves.
d. Gas pumps
14. The smallest blood vessels are called _____
c. Crunch berries
15. Heart disease and stroke are the leading cause of _____ in the USA.
c. Black plague
16. The _____ is one of the main systems for maintaining homeostasis.
a. Circulatory system
b. Urinary system
c. Respiratory system
d. Integumentary system
17. Maintaining the internal balance of a living organism is called _____
Bonus: The blood coming into the right atrium is rich or poor in oxygen. (circle the correct
Joke: Why was the heart dancing to the music being sung at the Spearsh
Classical Christian Schools spring musical program? It had a good beat!!!